Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Harry Potter Sorting Hat, Wand Cake!






So for those of you who don't know me very well, I am a MASSIVE Harry Potter fan. I read the books (yes, all of them) every year in Jan and I can quote potter lore with the best of them. So imagine my excitement when I was asked to make a Harry Potter cake... and that is all the instruction I got! I scoured the internet for hours looking for the perfect parts of lots of cake to incorporate into my own. I think I did a pretty good job! This cake is 99% edible - there is a skewer through the middle of the wand just for the purposes of making it look right. Even the sorting hat is made of cake!

Feeds about 45, $100.

1 comment:

  1. about time you did an harry potter cake!!!!I'm totally putting this next month on my blog - and then everyone will know how amazing you are

    ReplyDelete